Notification by student to school district
- • review of graduation requirements
- • educational learning plan
(1) Prior to May 15 of each year, a student who is interested in participating in the Expanded Options Program shall notify the student’s resident school district of the student’s intent to enroll in eligible post-secondary courses during the following school year.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a high school transfer student or returning dropout described in ORS 340.015 (Notification to students and parents or guardians) (2) has 20 business days from the date of enrollment to indicate interest.
(3) The resident school district shall review with the student and the student’s parent or guardian the student’s current status toward meeting all state and school district graduation requirements and the applicability of the proposed eligible post-secondary course with respect to fulfilling the student’s remaining graduation requirements.
(4)(a) An eligible student who intends to participate in the Expanded Options Program shall develop an educational learning plan in cooperation with an advisory support team.
(b) The educational learning plan may include:
(A) The student’s short-term and long-term learning goals and proposed activities; and
(B) The relationship of the eligible post-secondary courses proposed under the Expanded Options Program and the student’s learning goals.
(c) An advisory support team may include the student, the student’s parent or guardian and a teacher or a counselor. [2005 c.674 §7; 2007 c.567 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.