Notification required if person possesses threatening list or when threats of violence or harm made
- • immunity
(1) A superintendent of a school district or a superintendents designee who has reasonable cause to believe that a person, while in a school, is or has been in possession of a list that threatens harm to other persons, shall notify:
(a) The parent or guardian of any student whose name appears on the list as a target of the harm; and
(b) Any teacher or school employee whose name appears on the list as a target of the harm.
(2) A superintendent or superintendents designee who has reasonable cause to believe that a student, while in a school, has made threats of violence or harm to another student shall notify the parent or guardian of the threatened student.
(3) The superintendent or superintendents designee shall attempt to notify the persons specified in subsections (1) and (2) of this section by telephone or in person promptly but not later than 12 hours after discovering the list or learning of the threat. The superintendent or superintendents designee shall follow up the notice with a written notification sent within 24 hours after discovering the list or learning of the threat.
(4) Any school district or person participating in good faith in making the notification required by this section is immune from any liability, civil or criminal, that might otherwise be incurred or imposed with respect to the making or content of the notification.
(5) As used in this section, school has the meaning given that term in ORS 339.315 (Report required if person has unlawful firearm or destructive device). [1999 c.577 §13; 2005 c.209 §31]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information