Annual notice to school textbook and instructional materials publishers
The Superintendent of Public Instruction, under the direction of the State Board of Education, shall provide annual notice to school textbook and instructional materials publishers in the United States about the textbook and instructional materials review and selection process. The superintendent may satisfy the requirement of this section by publishing the notice on the website of the Department of Education. The notice shall contain:
(1) The time and place of meeting of the board to review and adopt textbooks and instructional materials.
(2) The general form of the proposal to be followed by publishers in submitting textbooks and instructional materials for review and adoption.
(3) The general form of contract to be entered into between the board and a publisher whose textbooks or instructional materials may be adopted.
(4) The subject areas for which textbooks or instructional materials are to be adopted.
(5) The statutory provisions relating to the review and adoption of textbooks and instructional materials.
(6) Such additional information as may be considered useful. [Amended by 1965 c.100 §251; 1975 c.754 §5; 1991 c.886 §3; 2011 c.313 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information