Physical examination prior to participation in extracurricular sports
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, “participation” means participation in sports practices and actual interscholastic sports competition.
(2) Each school district shall require students who participate in extracurricular sports in grades 7 through 12 in the schools of the district to have a physical examination prior to participation. A person conducting the physical examination shall use a form and protocol prescribed by rule of the State Board of Education pursuant to subsection (6) of this section.
(3) A school district shall require students who continue to participate in extracurricular sports in grades 7 through 12 to have a physical examination once every two years.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3) of this section, a school district shall require a student who is diagnosed with a significant illness or has had a major surgery to have a physical examination prior to further participation in extracurricular sports.
(5) Any physical examination required by this section shall be conducted by a:
(a) Physician possessing an unrestricted license to practice medicine;
(b) Licensed naturopathic physician;
(c) Licensed physician assistant;
(d) Certified nurse practitioner; or
(e) Licensed chiropractic physician who has clinical training and experience in detecting cardiopulmonary diseases and defects.
(6) The State Board of Education shall by rule prescribe the form and protocol to be used for physical examinations required by this section. [2001 c.486 §1; 2003 c.323 §1; 2011 c.313 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.