Organization of board
- • meetings
- • quorum
- • compensation
(1) Each education service district board shall meet during July and organize by electing one of its members chairperson and one vice chairperson, each of whom shall serve until a successor is elected and qualified. No member shall serve as chairperson for more than two years in succession.
(2) Regular meetings of an education service district board shall be held on meeting dates determined by the board. Special meetings may be held on dates to be determined by the board.
(3) Members of the education service district board shall receive no compensation for their services, but shall be reimbursed for all traveling and other expenses necessarily incurred in performing their duties as members of the board.
(4) A majority of the members of the education service district board shall constitute a quorum. A lesser number may meet and adjourn from time to time and compel the presence of absent members. The affirmative vote of a majority of members of the board is required to transact any business.
(5) Any duty imposed upon the education service district board as a body must be performed at a regular or special meeting and must be made a matter of record. The consent to any particular measure obtained of individual members when the board is not in session is not an act of the board and is not binding upon the district. [Amended by 1963 c.544 §34; 1965 c.100 §177; 1975 c.477 §8; 1975 c.647 §29c; 1975 c.770 §41a; 1981 c.131 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information