Number of board members
- • election
- • local advisory committees
(1) The board of directors of an education service district shall consist of seven, nine or 11 members.
(2) In education service districts, not fewer than five of the directors shall be elected, one from each of the zones established under ORS 334.032 (Zones). At the discretion of the board of directors, one or two board members may be elected from the district at large.
(3) On the petition of two component school districts, the board shall establish local advisory committees to represent the interests of areas within the petitioning districts. The local advisory committees shall advise the board on matters of concern within the advisory committee’s area. Local advisory committees shall represent two or more component school districts.
(4) The board of directors may by resolution increase or decrease the number of members of the board. The board’s resolution shall be entered with sufficient time for the board to give the required information to the elections officer under ORS 255.069 (Delivery and preparation of form for updating information on members of district boards), and the board’s resolution shall have no effect on the terms of any current board members. [1957 c.678 §4; 1961 c.323 §1; 1965 c.100 §172; 1981 c.131 §1; 1993 c.784 §4; 1995 c.611 §7; 2001 c.518 §3; 2019 c.449 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information