Insurance, medical and hospital service contracts covering school employees
- • self-insurance
(1) As used in this section, “remedial care” includes services rendered by a person licensed to practice one or more of the healing arts within the scope of the license of the person or any other remedial care recognized under the laws of this state.
(2) Any district school board may enter into contracts of insurance or medical and hospital service contracts covering its employees for remedial care and hospital benefits. In addition, the board may operate a self-insurance program to provide its employees with remedial care and hospital benefits. Failure to procure or operate a program of hospital-medical insurance shall not be construed as negligence or lack of diligence on the part of the district school board or members thereof.
(3) The school district may agree to pay none, part or all of the premiums on policies of insurance or service contracts entered into pursuant to this section.
(4) No premium or other periodic charge on any insurance, medical or hospital service contract shall be paid unless the insurer or hospital association issuing such policy or contract is by law authorized to transact business as an insurance company or hospital association in this state.
(5) The board may negotiate more than one contract with one or more insurance companies or hospital associations if necessary to obtain optimum coverage at minimum cost. [Formerly 342.598; 1997 c.795 §1; 1999 c.59 §83]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.