Office of Child Care
- • Child Care Fund
(1) There is established within the Early Learning Division the Office of Child Care.
(2)(a) The Office of Child Care, as designated by the Governor, shall be responsible for administering funds received by the State of Oregon pursuant to the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014, the Child Care and Development Fund and other federal child care funds and grants received by the State of Oregon.
(b) Through the legislative budgeting process, the Legislative Assembly shall identify the portion of the funds received by the State of Oregon pursuant to the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 to be spent to provide quality child care, to provide child care subsidies and for administrative expenditures. The Office of Child Care shall administer the funds according to the portions identified by the Legislative Assembly.
(c) The Office of Child Care shall submit an annual report to the Legislative Fiscal Office regarding the expenditures of the funds received by the State of Oregon pursuant to the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014 and the most recent estimate of the balance of the funds.
(3) The Office of Child Care shall comply with directives of the Early Learning Council established in ORS 326.425 (Early Learning Council) in the office’s implementation of the provisions of ORS 329A.250 (Definitions for ORS 329A.030 and 329A.250 to 329A.450) to 329A.450 (Assistance to staff of facility).
(4) The Office of Child Care may maintain information about child care facilities and providers through electronic records systems.
(5) The Office of Child Care may share information with other public entities when the office determines that sharing the information would support the health or safety of children in child care, except as otherwise prohibited by state or federal law.
(6) There is established in the State Treasury, separate and distinct from the General Fund, the Child Care Fund. The Child Care Fund shall consist of moneys collected and received by the Office of Child Care pursuant to subsection (2) of this section, ORS 329A.310 (Application) and 329A.992 (Suspension) and such moneys as may be otherwise made available by law. Interest earned on the fund shall be credited to the fund. The moneys in the Child Care Fund are appropriated continuously to the Office of Child Care and shall be used in a manner consistent with the grant of funds or for the administration of ORS 181A.200 (Authority of Department of Human Services, Oregon Health Authority and Employment Department to require fingerprints), 329A.030 (Central Background Registry) and 329A.250 (Definitions for ORS 329A.030 and 329A.250 to 329A.450) to 329A.450 (Assistance to staff of facility). [Formerly 657A.010; 2017 c.617 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.