Local 21st Century Schools Councils
- • district site committees
(1) Nothing in this section shall interfere with the duties, responsibilities and rights of duly elected school district boards. There shall be established at each school a 21st Century Schools Council. The duties of a 21st Century Schools Council shall include but not be limited to:
(a) The development of plans to improve the professional growth of the school’s staff;
(b) The improvement of the school’s instructional program;
(c) The development and coordination of plans for the implementation of programs under this chapter at the school; and
(d) The administration of grants-in-aid for the professional development of teachers and classified district employees.
(2) A 21st Century Schools Council shall be composed of teachers, parents, classified employees and principals or the principal’s designee, as follows:
(a) Not more than half of the members shall be teachers;
(b) Not more than half of the members shall be parents of students attending that school;
(c) At least one member shall be a classified employee; and
(d) One member shall be the principal of the building or the principal’s designee.
(3) In addition, other members may be as the school district shall designate, including but not limited to business leaders, students and members of the community at large.
(4) Members of a 21st Century Schools Council shall be selected as follows:
(a) Teachers shall be licensed teachers elected by licensed teachers at the school site;
(b) Classified employees shall be elected by classified employees at the school site;
(c) Parents shall be selected by parents of students attending the school; and
(d) Other representatives shall be selected by the council.
(5) If a school district board determines that a school site is unable to fulfill the requirements of this section or if the needs of a school site require a different composition, the school district board shall establish the 21st Century Schools Council in a manner that best meets the educational needs of the district.
(6) All 21st Century Schools Council meetings shall be subject to the open meetings law pursuant to ORS 192.610 (Definitions for ORS 192.610 to 192.690) to 192.690 (Exceptions to ORS 192.610 to 192.690).
(7) A school district may establish a district site committee to assist in the administration of grants or in the district-wide coordination of programs. [1995 c.660 §39 (enacted in lieu of 329.705); 2001 c.618 §7; 2007 c.858 §25; 2013 c.1 §27]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.