- • membership
- • staff
(1) There is established a Quality Education Commission consisting of 11 members appointed by the Governor. The Governor may not appoint more than five members of the commission who are employed by a school district at the time of appointment.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on August 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(3) The appointment of members of the commission is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(4) A member of the commission is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) The Department of Education shall provide staff to the commission. [2001 c.895 §2; 2005 c.209 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information