Automated external defibrillator grants
- • rules
(1) As used in this section, public school facility means a building or premanufactured structure used by a school district or public charter school to provide educational services to children.
(2) In addition to those moneys distributed through the State School Fund, the Department of Education may award grants to school districts and public charter schools to provide automated external defibrillators in public school facilities.
(3) The goal of the grant program is to provide automated external defibrillators in at least two public school facilities in each school district.
(4) Each school district and public charter school may apply for a grant under this section. The amount of any grant received by a school district or public charter school under this section may not exceed 60 percent of the actual costs for which grant funds may be used under subsection (5) of this section.
(5) Any school district or public charter school that receives grant funds under this section shall use the funds for:
(a) Purchasing or leasing automated external defibrillators to be placed in public school facilities;
(b) Providing training to school district and public charter school employees and volunteers on the use of automated external defibrillators; and
(c) Any other expense related to providing automated external defibrillators in public school facilities if the expense is approved by the Department of Education.
(6) The State Board of Education may adopt rules:
(a) To establish criteria for awarding grants based on the goal set forth in subsection (3) of this section;
(b) To determine the amount of each grant pursuant to subsection (4) of this section; and
(c) That are necessary for the administration of this section.
(7) The Department of Education shall seek federal grant funds for the purposes of the grant program.
(8) For purposes of the grant program, the Department of Education may accept contributions of funds and assistance from the United States Government and its agencies or from any other source, public or private, and agree to conditions placed on the funds not inconsistent with the purposes of the grant program.
(9) All funds received by the Department of Education under this section shall be paid into the Department of Education Account established in ORS 326.115 (Department of Education Account) to the credit of the grant program. [2005 c.551 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information