Local Option Equalization Grants Account
- • grant payments
(1) The Local Option Equalization Grants Account is created in the General Fund.
(2) From the biennial legislative appropriation to the Local Option Equalization Grants Account to fund the local option equalization grant program described in ORS 327.336 (Qualifications), amounts necessary to make the grant payments are continuously appropriated to the Department of Education for the purpose of making these payments.
(3) The department shall make estimated local option equalization grant payments to school districts entitled to such payments under ORS 327.336 (Qualifications) on or before March 31 of each fiscal year.
(4) If the estimated local option equalization grant payment does not equal the actual local option equalization grant to which a school district is entitled under ORS 327.336 (Qualifications), the department shall determine the increase or decrease needed to correct the amount of the grant and may incorporate the correction into a state school fund grant made to the district. The correction may be made in any state school fund grant made during the fiscal year in which the estimated grant payment was made or in the next succeeding fiscal year.
(5) If the amount of moneys available in the Local Option Equalization Grants Account is insufficient to make the payments required under ORS 327.336 (Qualifications) and this section, the payments shall be proportionally reduced so that the state does not accrue a debt in making these payments. [2001 c.896 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information