Adjustment of distribution within fiscal year
(1) The Department of Education shall adjust the distribution to a school district to reflect the difference between the estimated level of local revenues to the district under ORS 327.011 (Description of Local Revenues for purpose of State School Fund distributions) and the projected level of those same local revenues used to calculate the State School Fund apportionment to the district. The adjustment shall be incorporated in the May 15 apportionment to the district in the distribution year.
(2) The department shall adjust the May 15 apportionment to a school district in the distribution year to reflect an ADMw of the district equal to the higher of the ADMw of the prior year or the adjusted ADMw for the December quarter. Adjusted ADMw for the December quarter shall equal:
(a) ADMw as determined by the department from information provided in the December quarterly report for the current distribution year filed with the department under ORS 327.133 (Reports by districts);
(b) Multiplied by the lesser of 1.0 or the average of the ratios for the preceding two years of the ADM for the year ending June 30 to the ADM for the quarter ending December 31 for the same school year as filed under ORS 327.133 (Reports by districts).
(3) The sum equal to the sum of all negative adjustments made to the May 15 apportionment under subsection (1) of this section shall be used by the department for purposes of funding positive adjustments required under subsection (1) of this section and adjustments required under subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The department shall also set aside an amount of the funds appropriated to the State School Fund for the fiscal year to fund any positive adjustments required under subsection (1) of this section and adjustments required under subsection (2) of this section in excess of the amount available under subsection (3) of this section. The amount set aside shall be as determined by law.
(5) If the amounts available under subsections (3) and (4) of this section are either not sufficient to fund the positive adjustments or exceed the positive adjustments to districts required under subsections (1) and (2) of this section and the adjustments required under subsection (2) of this section, the Superintendent of Public Instruction shall recalculate the funding percentage in ORS 327.013 (State School Fund distribution computations for school districts) (1)(a) to distribute as nearly as practicable the total sum available for distribution. [1991 c.780 §12; 1993 c.61 §7; 2003 c.715 §24; 2005 c.755 §19; 2009 c.698 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information