Computation of number of students in average daily membership
(1) Numbers of students in average daily membership used in the distribution formula as specified in ORS 327.013 (State School Fund distribution computations for school districts) (1)(c), shall be projections of the average daily membership in the school district for the school year ending on June 30 of the distribution year. The Department of Education shall verify all projections used for purposes of the distribution formula.
(2) The department shall use information from the Department of Revenue under ORS 311.175 (Loss of revenue by school taxing districts) as the basis for determining projected school district property taxes. The department shall request relevant information from the school districts to enable the department to estimate the amount each school district shall receive from the State School Fund. The department shall provide this estimate no later than the first Monday in March of each year for the distribution for the following fiscal year.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, a school district may appeal to the department any projection verified by the department under subsection (1) of this section. The department shall rule on the appeal in a timely manner and if necessary issue a revised estimate of the amount each school district shall receive from the State School Fund no later than the last Friday in March.
(4) A school district may not appeal any projection verified under subsection (1) of this section if the school district failed to provide information requested by the department under subsection (2) of this section.
(5) Notwithstanding the dates provided by this section and pursuant to rules adopted by the State Board of Education, the Superintendent of Public Instruction may specify an alternative date to provide an estimate or revised estimate if a human-created disaster or a natural disaster affects the ability of the Department of Education to provide the estimate or revised estimate by the date specified by this section. [1991 c.780 §11; 1993 c.18 §88; 2009 c.184 §2; 2009 c.698 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information