Definitions for ORS 321.700 to 321.754
(1) Common ownership means direct ownership by one or more individuals or ownership by a corporation, partnership, association or other entity in which an individual owns a majority interest.
(2) Contiguous means having a common boundary that is greater than a single point.
(3) Contiguous parcels:
(a) Includes parcels separated by public or county roads, state highways, nonnavigable streams or nonnavigable rivers.
(b) Does not include parcels that are separated by an interstate highway, a navigable stream or a navigable river, unless there is an underpass, a bridge or another direct access between the separated parcels.
(4) Department means the Department of Revenue.
(5) Eastern Oregon means that portion of the State of Oregon lying east of a line beginning at the intersection of the northern boundary of the state and the western boundary of Wasco County, thence southerly along the western boundaries of the counties of Wasco, Jefferson, Deschutes and Klamath to the southern boundary of the state.
(6) Forestland means land that meets the definition of forestland under ORS 321.257 (Definitions for ORS 321.257 to 321.390) if the land is located in western Oregon or land that meets the definition of forestland in ORS 321.805 (Definitions for ORS 321.805 to 321.855) if located in eastern Oregon.
(7) Harvest means the point at which timber that has been cut, severed or removed for purposes of sale or use is first measured in the ordinary course of business as determined by reference to common practice in the timber industry.
(8) Land class means a forestland land class described in ORS 321.210 (Proposed specially assessed values) or eastern Oregon forestland.
(9) Owner of timber has the meaning given that term in ORS 321.005 (Definitions for ORS 321.005 to 321.185, 321.560 to 321.600 and 477.440 to 477.460).
(10) Parcel means a quantity of land that is capable of being described in a single description by a closed traverse, as one or more subsections or sections of a township, as one or more lots, blocks or tracts in a subdivision or as one or more tax lots.
(11) Small tract forestland means forestland subject to assessment under ORS 321.700 (Definitions for ORS 321.700 to 321.754) to 321.754 (Eastern Oregon Timber Severance Tax Fund) and from which the harvesting of timber is subject to severance taxation under ORS 321.700 (Definitions for ORS 321.700 to 321.754) to 321.754 (Eastern Oregon Timber Severance Tax Fund).
(12) Taxpayer means the owner of timber at time of harvest.
(13) Timber includes logs that are capable of being measured in board feet and that meet or exceed minimum sawmill grade and other forest products determined by the Department of Revenue by rule.
(14) Unit of proper measurement means any unit of measurement commonly used in the timber industry for measuring timber and harvested timber products.
(15) Western Oregon means that portion of the State of Oregon lying west of a line beginning at the intersection of the northern boundary of the state and the western boundary of Wasco County, thence southerly along the western boundaries of the counties of Wasco, Jefferson, Deschutes and Klamath to the southern boundary of the state. [2003 c.454 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.