Appeal of certified specially assessed values
- • notice
- • effect of decision modifying values
- • rules
(1) At any time following certification of the specially assessed values under ORS 321.216 (Certified specially assessed values) and before July 1 of the tax year, five or more taxpayers owning in the aggregate not less than five percent of the total forestland in a single land market area may appeal any or all of the specially assessed values so certified.
(2) Appeals under this section shall be made to the Oregon Tax Court by filing a joint petition with the tax court in the manner provided for appeals from orders of the county boards of property tax appeals. The petition shall designate one of the taxpayers as the representative of all of the taxpayers, and all proceedings before the tax court and any appeal from its determination shall be conducted procedurally as though the designated representative were the only petitioner.
(3) Notice of the appeal shall be made in the manner prescribed by the Department of Revenue by rule. The notice shall designate the specially assessed values appealed and include a statement of the provisions of subsections (4) and (5) of this section.
(4) Unless an appeal is resolved prior to September 15 of the tax year and results in a change in a specially assessed value that was certified under ORS 321.216 (Certified specially assessed values), then notwithstanding the appeal of a certified specially assessed value, the certified specially assessed values shall be entered on the assessment and tax roll for the year and the property taxes for the tax year shall be imposed on those values.
(5) If a decision by the tax court, or by the Oregon Supreme Court following an appeal of a tax court decision:
(a) Results in a decrease in a specially assessed value certified under ORS 321.216 (Certified specially assessed values), any refund of tax arising as a result of the decision shall be made by reducing the tax imposed on forestland affected by the decision in the first tax year following the decision.
(b) Results in an increase in a specially assessed value certified under ORS 321.216 (Certified specially assessed values), any additional taxes becoming due shall be payable without interest if paid prior to the 16th day of the month following the month in which the final order of the court is issued. If the additional taxes are not paid within this period, the additional taxes shall thereafter be considered delinquent and shall bear interest at the rate provided in ORS 311.505 (Due dates). [2001 c.860 §19; 2011 c.204 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.