Excise tax on retail sale of bicycles
- • tax as liability of purchaser
- • collection at time of sale
(1) An excise tax of $15 is imposed on each sale at retail in this state of a taxable bicycle.
(2) The excise tax is a liability of the purchaser of the taxable bicycle.
(3) The amount of the excise tax shall be separately stated on an invoice, receipt or other similar document that the seller provides to the purchaser or shall be otherwise disclosed to the purchaser.
(4) A seller shall collect the excise tax at the time of the taxable sale.
(5) A purchaser’s liability for the excise tax is satisfied by a valid receipt given to the purchaser by the seller of the taxable bicycle. [2017 c.750 §92]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.