Definitions for ORS 320.400 to 320.490 and 803.203
(1)(a) “Bicycle” means a vehicle that is designed to be operated on the ground on wheels and is propelled exclusively by human power.
(b) “Bicycle” does not include durable medical equipment.
(2) “New motor vehicle” has the meaning given that term in ORS 803.350 (Qualifications for registration) (8)(c).
(3) “Retail sales price” means the total price paid at retail for a taxable vehicle, exclusive of the amount of any excise, privilege or use tax, to a seller by a purchaser of the taxable vehicle.
(4) “Seller” means:
(a) With respect to the privilege tax imposed under ORS 320.405 (Tax for privilege of engaging in business of selling motor vehicles at retail) and the use tax imposed under ORS 320.410 (Tax on use in Oregon of motor vehicles purchased out of state at retail), a vehicle dealer.
(b) With respect to the excise tax imposed under ORS 320.415 (Excise tax on retail sale of bicycles), a person engaged in whole or in part in the business of selling bicycles.
(5) “Taxable bicycle” means a new bicycle that has wheels of at least 26 inches in diameter and a retail sales price of $200 or more.
(6) “Taxable motor vehicle” means a new motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,000 pounds or less that is:
(a) A vehicle as defined in ORS 744.850 (Definitions for ORS 744.850 to 744.858), other than an all-terrain vehicle;
(b) A bus trailer as defined in ORS 801.165 (“Bus trailer”);
(c) A camper as defined in ORS 801.180 (“Camper”);
(d) A commercial bus as defined in ORS 801.200 (“Commercial bus”);
(e) A commercial motor vehicle as defined in ORS 801.208 (“Commercial motor vehicle”);
(f) A commercial vehicle as defined in ORS 801.210 (“Commercial vehicle”);
(g) An electric assisted bicycle as defined in ORS 801.258 (“Electric assisted bicycle”);
(h) A fixed load vehicle as defined in ORS 801.285 (“Fixed load vehicle”);
(i) A moped as defined in ORS 801.345 (“Moped”);
(j) A motor assisted scooter as defined in ORS 801.348 (“Motor assisted scooter”);
(k) A motor home as defined in ORS 801.350 (“Motor home”);
(L) A motor truck as defined in ORS 801.355 (“Motor truck”);
(m) A tank vehicle as defined in ORS 801.522 (“Tank vehicle”);
(n) A truck tractor as defined in ORS 801.575 (“Truck tractor”);
(o) A truck trailer as defined in ORS 801.580 (“Truck trailer”); or
(p) A worker transport bus as defined in ORS 801.610 (“Worker transport bus”).
(7) “Taxable vehicle” means a taxable bicycle or a taxable motor vehicle.
(8) “Transportation project taxes” means the privilege tax imposed under ORS 320.405 (Tax for privilege of engaging in business of selling motor vehicles at retail), the use tax imposed under ORS 320.410 (Tax on use in Oregon of motor vehicles purchased out of state at retail) and the excise tax imposed under ORS 320.415 (Excise tax on retail sale of bicycles).
(9)(a) “Vehicle dealer” means:
(A) A person engaged in business in this state that has been issued a vehicle dealer certificate under ORS 822.020 (Issuance of certificate); and
(B) A person engaged in business in another state that would be subject to ORS 822.005 (Acting as vehicle dealer without certificate) if the person engaged in business in this state.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, a person is not a vehicle dealer for purposes of ORS 320.400 (Definitions for ORS 320.400 to 320.490 and 803.203) to 320.490 (Local government motor vehicle tax moratorium) and 803.203 (Proof of payment of taxes) to the extent the person:
(A) Conducts an event that lasts less than seven consecutive days, for which the public is charged admission and at which otherwise taxable motor vehicles are sold at auction; or
(B) Sells an otherwise taxable motor vehicle at auction at an event described in this paragraph. [2017 c.750 §89]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.