Construction taxes may not be imposed on the following:
(1) Private school improvements.
(2) Public improvements as defined in ORS 279A.010 (Definitions for Public Contracting Code).
(3) Residential housing that is guaranteed to be affordable, under guidelines established by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, to households that earn no more than 80 percent of the median household income for the area in which the construction tax is imposed, for a period of at least 60 years following the date of construction of the residential housing.
(4) Public or private hospital improvements.
(5) Improvements to religious facilities primarily used for worship or education associated with worship.
(6) Agricultural buildings, as defined in ORS 455.315 (Exemption of agricultural buildings, agricultural grading and equine facilities) (2)(a).
(7) Facilities that are operated by a not-for-profit corporation and that are:
(a) Long term care facilities, as defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions);
(b) Residential care facilities, as defined in ORS 443.400 (Definitions for ORS 443.400 to 443.455); or
(c) Continuing care retirement communities, as defined in ORS 101.020 (Definitions). [2007 c.829 §3; 2009 c.534 §2]
Note: See note under 320.170 (Construction taxes imposed by school district).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.