Application for road usage charge program
(1) A person wishing to pay the per-mile road usage charge imposed under ORS 319.885 (Per-mile road usage charge) must apply to the Department of Transportation on a form prescribed by the department.
(2) The department shall approve a valid and complete application submitted under this section if:
(a) The applicant is the registered owner or lessee of a motor vehicle;
(b) The motor vehicle is equipped with a method selected pursuant to ORS 319.900 (Department of Transportation to establish methods for recording and reporting mileage) for collecting and reporting the metered use by the motor vehicle of the highways in Oregon;
(c) The motor vehicle has a gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less; and
(d) Approval does not cause the number of subject vehicles active in the road usage charge program on the date of approval to exceed 5,000, of which no more than 1,500 may have a rating of less than 17 miles per gallon and no more than 1,500 may have a rating of at least 17 miles per gallon and less than 22 miles per gallon, such ratings to be determined pursuant to a method established by the department.
(3) An electric vehicle for which an application is approved under this section is not subject to the additional amount of registration fees imposed under ORS 803.422 (Registration fees based on miles per gallon).
(4) Approval of an application under this section subjects the applicant to the requirements of ORS 319.920 (Reporting requirement) until the person ends the person’s voluntary participation in the road usage charge program in the manner required under subsection (5) of this section.
(5) A person may end the person’s voluntary participation in the road usage charge program at any time by notifying the department, returning any emblem issued under ORS 319.945 (Authority to issue emblems) to the department and paying any outstanding amount of road usage charge for metered use by the person’s subject vehicle. [2013 c.781 §4; 2015 c.716 §11; 2017 c.750 §118c]
Note: See note under 319.883 (Definitions for ORS 319.883 to 319.945).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.