Pre-change and built-in losses
(1) That portion of the pre-change and built-in losses which the taxpayer deducted pursuant to section 382 of the Internal Revenue Code shall be added to federal taxable income under ORS 317.344 (Net operating loss carryback and carryover) or otherwise.
(2) Pre-change losses and recognized built-in losses, subject to the limitation under section 382 of the Internal Revenue Code, shall not be considered in determining the taxable loss and taxable loss carry forward under ORS 317.010 (Definitions) and 317.476 (Net losses of prior years).
(3) Any pre-change losses and built-in losses, to the extent apportioned or allocated to Oregon, with the additions, subtractions, modifications and other adjustments required for purposes of this chapter, shall be carried forward and subtracted in computing Oregon taxable income as provided under subsections (4) to (6) of this section.
(4) The amount of loss allowable under subsection (3) of this section in any tax year shall not exceed the lesser of the Oregon source taxable income of the new loss corporation or the Oregon percentage of the section 382 limitation determined, or in the case of a corporation for which no section 382 limitation is determined, as would be determined under section 382 (b) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Oregon percentage for purposes of the subtraction under subsection (3) of this section shall be computed with reference to the Oregon apportionment factors of the new loss corporation existing as of the time of change in ownership.
(5) In computing Oregon taxable income, the amount of loss allowed as a subtraction under subsection (3) of this section shall be subtracted in any one of the 15 years succeeding the year of the loss. Subject to the limitation under subsection (4) of this section, the amount of the loss subtracted in any taxable year shall be the loss allowed as a subtraction under subsection (3) of this section reduced by the amount subtracted or subtractible under subsection (3) of this section for any intervening year between the year of loss and the tax year in which the subtraction under this section is claimed. The loss of the earliest tax year shall be exhausted before a loss under this section from a later year may be subtracted.
(6) Oregon net losses deductible under ORS 317.476 (Net losses of prior years) shall be determined and carried forward before the amount subtractible under this section is determined. [1987 c.293 §45c; 1993 c.726 §48]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.