Biodiesel used in home heating
(1) A resident individual shall be allowed a tax credit against the taxes otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 for costs paid or incurred to purchase fuel for primary home space heating that is at least 20 percent biodiesel. The credit allowed under this section is the lesser of five cents per gallon or $200.
(2) The credit allowed in any one tax year may not exceed the tax liability of the taxpayer and may not be carried forward to a subsequent tax year.
(3) For each tax year for which a credit is claimed under this section, the taxpayer shall maintain records sufficient to determine the taxpayers purchase of qualifying fuel for primary home space heating. A taxpayer shall maintain the records required under this subsection for at least five years.
(4) A nonresident shall be allowed the credit under this section in the proportion provided in ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(5) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085 (Taxable year), or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayers taxable year under ORS 314.440 (Tax as debt), the credit allowed by this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085 (Taxable year).
(6) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed by this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(7) Spouses in a marriage who file separate returns for a taxable year may each claim a share of the tax credit that would have been allowed on a joint return in proportion to the contribution of each. [2007 c.739 §28; 2015 c.629 §37]
Note: See note under 315.465 (Biofuels and fuel blends).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information