Contributions to Office of Child Care
(1) A credit against the taxes otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 or, if the taxpayer is a corporation, under ORS chapter 317 or 318 is allowed to a taxpayer for certified contributions made to the Office of Child Care under ORS 329A.706 (Program implementation).
(2) The amount of a tax credit available to a taxpayer for a tax year under this section shall equal the amount stated in the tax credit certificate received under ORS 329A.706 (Program implementation).
(3) The credit allowed under this section may not exceed the lesser of 50 percent of the amount contributed in the tax year or the tax liability of the taxpayer for the tax year in which the credit is claimed.
(4) If the amount claimed as a credit under this section is allowed as a deduction for federal tax purposes, the amount allowed as a credit under this section shall be added to federal taxable income for Oregon tax purposes.
(5) A credit under this section may be claimed by a nonresident or part-year resident without proration.
(6) Any tax credit otherwise allowable under this section that is not used by the taxpayer in a particular tax year may be carried forward and offset against the taxpayer’s tax liability for the next succeeding tax year. Any credit remaining unused in the next succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the second succeeding tax year, and likewise any credit not used in that second succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the third succeeding tax year, and any credit not used in that third succeeding tax year may be carried forward and used in the fourth succeeding tax year, but may not be carried forward for any tax year thereafter.
(7) The definitions in ORS 329A.700 (Definitions for ORS 329A.700 to 329A.712) apply to this section. [2001 c.674 §10; 2003 c.473 §8; 2013 c.624 §79; 2015 c.701 §20]
Note: Section 13, chapter 674, Oregon Laws 2001, provides:
Sec. 13. ORS 315.213 (Contributions to Office of Child Care) applies to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2002, and before January 1, 2022. [2001 c.674 §13; 2003 c.473 §9; 2007 c.880 §1; 2009 c.913 §47; 2015 c.701 §25]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information