Time for payment
- • interest on deferred taxes
- • delinquency
When the area in which the land is located ceases to become a disaster area, the deferred taxes will be due and payable as follows:
(1) One-fifth (20 percent) of the deferred taxes shall be payable on or before November 15 of the year following the close of the calendar year in which the termination of the disaster area designation has occurred and November 15 of each year thereafter.
(2) Interest shall accrue against the unpaid taxes and shall be paid with each one-fifth payment for the period of time the taxes have remained unpaid at the rate provided in ORS 311.775 (Notice of deferral to assessor by department).
(3) The amounts designated in subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall be paid directly to the Department of Revenue on or before November 15 of each year in which they are due.
(4) If the amounts falling due as provided in this section are not paid on the indicated due date, such amounts shall be deemed delinquent as of that date and the property shall be subject to foreclosure as provided in ORS 311.771 (Liens).
(5) All moneys collected by the department pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the General Fund. [1977 c.695 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.