Measure 5 imposed tax estimate
(1) After the assessor has received all certifications of levy under ORS 310.206 (1997-1998 tax certification notice) for the tax year beginning July 1, 1997, the assessor shall first calculate the Measure 5 imposed tax estimate under this section.
(2) The assessor shall compute ad valorem property taxes on each property under the property tax laws of this state as set forth in the Oregon Revised Statutes (1995 Edition), including section 11, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution (1995 Edition), as further modified by the property tax laws of this state applicable to the tax year beginning July 1, 1997, except for the following laws:
(a) Section 11, Article XI of the Oregon Constitution, and the other provisions of House Joint Resolution 85 (1997) (Ballot Measure 50 (1997));
(c) Any provision of law requiring an offset against a local taxing district levy.
(3) The amount of taxes determined under subsection (2) of this section for each property shall be the propertys Measure 5 imposed tax estimate. The amount determined for each district shall be the districts Measure 5 imposed tax estimate.
(4) In calculating the Measure 5 imposed tax estimate, the assessor shall not take into account any local option taxes that have been certified under ORS 310.206 (1997-1998 tax certification notice).
(5) For purposes of calculating the Measure 5 imposed tax estimate under this section, the real market value of property shall be determined as provided in section 11 (11)(a)(A), Article XI of the Oregon Constitution. [1997 c.541 §24]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.