Definitions for ORS 308A.250 to 308A.259
(1) “Exclusive farm use zone” has the meaning given that term in ORS 308A.053 (Definitions for ORS 308A.050 to 308A.128).
(2) “Forestland” means forestland that is a parcel of land of more than 10 acres that has been zoned in the comprehensive plan for exclusive farm use, forest use or farm and forest use and that is, as of the assessment date for which value for the forest homesite is being determined:
(a) Land that has as its highest and best use the growing and harvesting of trees of a marketable species;
(b) Land that has been designated as forestland under ORS 321.257 (Definitions for ORS 321.257 to 321.390) to 321.390 (Land used to grow certain hardwood to be assessed as farm use land) or 321.805 (Definitions for ORS 321.805 to 321.855) to 321.855 (Land used to grow certain hardwood to be assessed as farm use land); or
(c) Land that is assessed as small tract forestland under ORS 321.700 (Definitions for ORS 321.700 to 321.754) to 321.754 (Eastern Oregon Timber Severance Tax Fund).
(3) “Homesite” means land described in ORS 308A.253 (Qualification of homesites), including all tangible improvements to the land under and adjacent to a dwelling and other structures, if any, that are customarily provided in conjunction with the dwelling.
(4) “Nonexclusive farm use zone farmland” has the meaning given that term in ORS 308A.053 (Definitions for ORS 308A.050 to 308A.128).
(5) “Owner” or “owners” means:
(a) The person who holds an estate in the homesite in fee simple or for life.
(b) Any one of tenants in common or tenants by the entirety, holding an estate in the homesite in fee simple or for life.
(c) Any person of legal age, duly authorized in writing to act on behalf of any person described in paragraph (a) or (b) of this subsection in filing an application for special assessment of nonexclusive farm use zone farmland.
(d) The guardian or conservator of an owner, or the executor or administrator of an owner’s estate.
(e) The purchaser of the fee simple or life estate of an owner under a contract of sale. [1999 c.314 §29; 2003 c.454 §§96,98; 2003 c.621 §82]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.