- • computation of rate of levy by county assessor
- • payments to county by department
- • proration
(1) The assessor shall compute and list the value and compute and list the amount of tax which would have been charged on each property receiving an exemption under ORS 307.242 (Property of nonprofit corporation providing housing to elderly persons) had the property not received an exemption. On or before October 15, the county assessor shall certify the total amounts so computed for each county to the Department of Revenue and to the county treasurer.
(2) Not later than November 15, the Department of Revenue shall pay to each county treasurer the amount certified under subsection (1) of this section, less any discount provided in ORS 311.505 (Due dates). The payments made by the department under this section shall be made from the suspense account referred to in ORS 307.248 (Suspense account). If necessary, the payments may be prorated as provided in ORS 307.248 (Suspense account).
(3) Payments made by the department to the various county treasurers under this section shall be distributed to the taxing units of the county in accordance with the schedule of percentages computed under ORS 311.390 (Tax and interest distribution percentage schedule). [1977 c.411 §4; 1977 c.761 §6; 1985 c.761 §29; 1991 c.459 §51; 2001 c.753 §23]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.