When land exempt under ORS 97.660, 307.140 or 307.150 taxable
- • lien
(1) Land that is exempt from ad valorem property tax under ORS 97.660 (Lands of cemetery or crematory corporation), 307.140 (Property of religious organizations) (3) or 307.150 (Burial and crematory property) that ceases to be used or held exclusively for cemetery or crematory purposes shall be subject to assessment and taxation uniformly with real property of nonexempt ownerships.
(2) There shall be added to the next general property tax roll, to be collected and distributed in the same manner as other real property taxes, additional taxes equal to the total amount of taxes that otherwise would have been assessed against the land had the land not been used or held for cemetery or crematory purposes for the last 10 years (or such lesser number of years, corresponding to the years after 1981 of exemption for the land) preceding the year after 1981 in which the land was exempt from taxation.
(3) The lien for the additional taxes imposed by this section, and the interest thereon, shall attach as of the date preceding the date of sale or other transfer of the land.
(4) For each year that land is exempt from taxation under ORS 97.660 (Lands of cemetery or crematory corporation), 307.140 (Property of religious organizations) (3) or 307.150 (Burial and crematory property), or both, the assessor shall enter on the assessment and tax roll, with respect to the land, the notation (cemetery land-potential additional tax).
(5) The amount of additional taxes determined to be due under this section may be paid to the tax collector prior to the completion of the next general property tax roll, pursuant to ORS 311.370 (Receipts for taxes collected in advance of extension on the tax roll).
(6) Additional taxes collected under this section shall be deemed to have been imposed in the year to which the additional taxes relate. [1981 c.572 §1; 1987 c.756 §4a; 1991 c.459 §43; 1997 c.541 §105]
Note: 307.155 (When land exempt under ORS 97.660, 307.140 or 307.150 taxable) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 307 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.