- • meetings
- • quorum
- • director as nonvoting member
(1) The Oregon Charitable Checkoff Commission shall select from its members a chairperson, a vice chairperson and other officers as necessary. The chairperson or vice chairperson shall serve until the expiration of the term of the chairperson or vice chairperson as a member of the commission, or until the chairperson or vice chairperson resigns or is removed in accordance with subsection (5) of this section.
(2) The commission shall meet at least once in every even-numbered calendar year at a place, day and hour determined by the commission. The commission also may meet at other times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the commission. Regular and special meetings of the commission may be convened upon notice in the manner required by ORS 192.640 (Public notice required).
(3) A majority of the members of the commission constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(4) In addition to the seven members of the commission, the Director of the Department of Revenue shall be a nonvoting, ex officio member. The director shall not be entitled to compensation and expenses as provided under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) If the chairperson or vice chairperson resigns or is removed from office, a new chairperson or vice chairperson shall be elected by the commission. Until a new chairperson is elected, the vice chairperson shall act as chairperson.
(6) The commission by a three-fifths vote of the members may declare the office of chairperson or vice chairperson vacant if the chairperson or vice chairperson is unavailable or otherwise unable to perform the duties of the office satisfactorily. [1989 c.987 §§5,7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.