Department of Revenue
- • organization
- • planning
- • seal
(1) The Department of Revenue is established.
(2) The Department of Revenue shall consist of administrative divisions. Each of the administrative divisions of the department shall be headed by an administrator who shall be in the unclassified service under the State Personnel Relations Law and appointed by the Director of the Department of Revenue. Each administrator shall be well qualified by technical training and experience in the functions to be performed.
(3) The Director of the Department of Revenue, from time to time, may alter or amend the organization of the department, including its administrative divisions, as the director deems necessary to achieve the greatest efficiency and economy in its operation.
(4) The director, acting in concert with the chief officers of other state agencies charged with raising revenue, shall use all reasonable means to increase efficiency and economy by coordinating work and sharing resources with other agencies, including but not limited to the mutual use of field officers and field auditors. With respect to such activity the director shall cause to be prepared a report relating to the utilization and coordination of revenue raising functions of the state agencies charged with such responsibility, including but not limited to suggested plans for departmental or governmental reorganization in the revenue raising field. Such report shall be submitted to the Governor and the Legislative Assembly when it next convenes.
(5) The department shall have an official seal, with the words “Department of Revenue” and “State of Oregon” and such other design as the director may prescribe. The seal shall be used to authenticate all papers and proceedings requiring authentication. [1969 c.520 §§3,5; 1973 c.402 §2; 1981 c.848 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information