2015 ORS § 30.930¹
Definitions for ORS 30.930 to 30.947
(1) Farm means any facility, including the land, buildings, watercourses and appurtenances thereto, used in the commercial production of crops, nursery stock, livestock, poultry, livestock products, poultry products, vermiculture products or the propagation and raising of nursery stock.
(2) Farming practice means a mode of operation on a farm that:
(a) Is or may be used on a farm of a similar nature;
(b) Is a generally accepted, reasonable and prudent method for the operation of the farm to obtain a profit in money;
(c) Is or may become a generally accepted, reasonable and prudent method in conjunction with farm use;
(d) Complies with applicable laws; and
(e) Is done in a reasonable and prudent manner.
(3) Forestland means land that is used for the growing and harvesting of forest tree species.
(4) Forest practice means a mode of operation on forestland that:
(a) Is or may be used on forestland of similar nature;
(b) Is a generally accepted, reasonable and prudent method of complying with ORS 527.610 (Short title) to 527.770 (Good faith compliance with best management practices not violation of water quality standards) and the rules adopted pursuant thereto;
(c) Is or may become a generally accepted, reasonable and prudent method in conjunction with forestland;
(d) Complies with applicable laws;
(e) Is done in a reasonable and prudent manner; and
(f) May include, but is not limited to, site preparation, timber harvest, slash disposal, road construction and maintenance, tree planting, precommercial thinning, release, fertilization, animal damage control and insect and disease control.
(5) Pesticide has the meaning given that term in ORS 634.006 (Definitions). [1981 c.716 §1; 1983 c.730 §1; 1993 c.792 §32; 1995 c.703 §1; 2005 c.657 §2]