(1) That many persons with disabilities and older persons, due to disability or age, cannot obtain medical, educational, recreational or other important services or benefits, or pursue daily life activities outside the home, such as shopping or socializing, without transportation and other necessary assistance;
(2) That public resources are not adequate to provide dependable transportation to persons with disabilities and older persons, and that it is in the best interest of this state to encourage volunteers to provide transportation services to Oregon’s people with disabilities and older people;
(3) That the threat or fear of personal liability arising from the provision of transportation services to persons with disabilities and older persons seriously discourages individuals from providing services on a volunteer basis;
(4) That the policy of this state is to encourage volunteers to provide such transportation services; and
(5) That, therefore, persons who qualify under ORS 30.480 (Limitation on liability of volunteers) must be protected from the threat of unlimited personal liability arising from the provision of volunteer transportation services, and that ORS 30.475 (Legislative policy) to 30.485 (Apportionment of damages) shall be liberally construed in favor of such persons in order to promote fully the foregoing policies. [1983 c.468 §1; 1989 c.224 §5; 2007 c.70 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.