(1) Department means the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(2) Director means the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
(3) Governing body means the group or officer in which the controlling authority of any public body is vested.
(4) Public body means:
(a) A public body as defined in ORS 174.109 (Public body defined);
(b) Any nonprofit corporation that is organized and existing under ORS chapter 65 and that has only political subdivisions or municipal, quasi-municipal or public corporations in this state as members;
(c) A private child-caring agency, as defined in ORS 418.205 (Definitions for ORS 418.205 to 418.310 and 418.992 to 418.998), that meets the criteria specified in ORS 278.322 (Child care facility liability insurance coverage) (1)(a) and that receives more than 50 percent of its funding from the state for the purpose of providing residential treatment to children who have been placed in the care and custody of the state or that provides residential treatment to children more than half of whom have been placed in the care and custody of the state; or
(d) A private, nonprofit organization that provides public transportation services if more than 50 percent of the organizations funding for the purpose of providing public transportation services is received from governmental bodies.
(5) State means:
(a) State government as defined in ORS 174.111 (State government defined);
(b) The State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation; and
(c) The Oregon Utility Notification Center.
(6) Local public body means any public body other than the state.
(7) Nuclear incident has the meaning given that term in 42 U.S.C. 2014(q).
(8) Tort means the breach of a legal duty that is imposed by law, other than a duty arising from contract or quasi-contract, the breach of which results in injury to a specific person or persons for which the law provides a civil right of action for damages or for a protective remedy. [1967 c.627 §1; 1975 c.609 §11; 1977 c.823 §1; 1981 c.109 §1; 1987 c.915 §9; subsections (7) and (8) enacted as 1987 c.705 §6; 1989 c.905 §1; 1989 c.1004 §2; 1993 c.500 §3; 1997 c.215 §4; 2005 c.684 §1; 2005 c.798 §2; 2009 c.67 §9]