- • membership
- • term
- • vacancies
- • officers
- • meetings to be public
(1) A council of governments shall establish a budget committee in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) The budget committee shall consist of the members of the governing body of the council of governments and an equal number of representatives of the services provided by the council of governments. If there are fewer representatives of the services than the number of members of the governing body of the council, the governing body and the representatives willing to serve shall be the budget committee. If there are no representatives willing to serve, the governing body shall be the budget committee.
(3) The members of the budget committee shall receive no compensation for their services as members of such committee.
(4) Appointive members of the budget committee shall not be officers, agents or employees of the council of governments or providers of the services.
(5) The appointive members of the budget committee shall be appointed for terms of three years. The terms shall be staggered so that one-third or approximately one-third of the terms of the appointive members end each year.
(6) If any appointive member is unable to serve the term for which the member was appointed, or an appointive member resigns prior to completion of the term for which the member was appointed, the governing body of the council of governments shall fill the vacancy by appointment for the unexpired term.
(7) The budget committee, at its first meeting after its appointment, shall elect a chairperson and a secretary from among its members.
Note: See note under 294.900 (“Council of governments” defined).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.