State Treasurer as investment officer
- • bond
- • employment of personnel
- • rules
(1) The State Treasurer is the investment officer for the Oregon Investment Council and the investment pool, and shall perform functions in that capacity as authorized or required by law and, consistent with law, by the council.
(2) The bond of the State Treasurer required from the State Treasurer by law shall be deemed to extend to the faithful performance of all functions of the office of investment officer under ORS 294.805 (Definitions for ORS 294.805 to 294.895) to 294.895 (Board duties, generally).
(3) The investment officer may:
(a) Subject to any applicable provision of the State Personnel Relations Law, employ, prescribe the functions and fix the compensation of personnel necessary to facilitate and assist in carrying out the functions of the council, investment officer and investment pool.
(b) Require a fidelity bond of any person employed by the investment officer who has charge of, handles or has access to any of the moneys in the investment pool. The amounts of the bonds shall be fixed by the investment officer, except as otherwise provided by law, and the sureties shall be approved by the investment officer. The premiums on the bonds shall be an expense of the State Treasurer.
(4) Subject to review by the board, the investment officer may, pursuant to ORS chapter 183, make reasonable rules necessary for the administration of ORS 294.805 (Definitions for ORS 294.805 to 294.895) to 294.895 (Board duties, generally). [1973 c.748 §§5,18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.