A budget message shall be prepared by or under the direction of the executive officer of the municipal corporation or, where no executive officer exists, by or under the direction of the presiding officer of the governing body. The budget message shall be delivered at a meeting of the budget committee as provided in ORS 294.426 (Budget committee meeting) (1). The budget message shall:
(1) Explain the budget document;
(2) Contain a brief description of the proposed financial policies of the municipal corporation for the ensuing year or ensuing budget period;
(3) Describe in connection with the financial policies of the municipal corporation, the important features of the budget document;
(4) Set forth the reason for salient changes from the previous year or budget period in appropriation and revenue items;
(5) Explain the major changes in financial policy; and
(6) Set forth any change contemplated in the municipal corporation’s basis of accounting and explain the reasons for the change and the effect of the change on the operations of the municipal corporation. [Formerly 294.391]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.