Reserve fund established without vote
- • review of need for reserve fund
- • unexpended balances
- • application to system development charges
(1) Any municipal corporation, by ordinance or resolution of its governing body, may establish one or more reserve funds to hold moneys to be accumulated and expended for the purposes specified in ORS 280.050 (Providing funds for financing cost of services, projects, property and equipment), without submitting the question of establishing the reserve fund to a vote of the electors. The municipal corporation may cause to be credited to any reserve fund all or any portion of the revenues derived from taxes levied under ORS 280.060 (Levy of local option taxes outside constitutional limitation) and any other taxes, charges or revenues as the governing body may determine. The municipal corporation may also limit the crediting of such taxes, charges or revenues to a reserve fund to a specific period of time designated by the governing body.
(2) Not less frequently than every 10th anniversary of the date upon which a reserve fund is established under subsection (1) of this section, the governing body of the municipal corporation shall review the reserve fund and determine whether the fund will be continued or abolished. When the governing body determines, by resolution, that it is no longer necessary to maintain such a reserve fund:
(a) Commencing with the next succeeding fiscal year, the political subdivision shall discontinue the levy of any taxes under ORS 280.060 (Levy of local option taxes outside constitutional limitation) that would otherwise be required to be credited to such fund; and
(b) There shall be transferred to the general fund or any other fund of the political subdivision that the governing body determines is appropriate:
(A) Any unexpended balance in the fund to be abolished that is not required to be held for subsequent expenditure for the purposes for which the fund was established; and
(B) Any subsequent receipts from tax levies that are otherwise required to be credited to such fund, together with any penalties and interest thereon.
(3) This section does not apply to system development charges imposed under ORS 223.297 (Policy) to 223.314 (Establishment or modification of system development charge not a land use decision), and no system development charges shall be credited to any reserve fund established under this section. [Formerly 294.525]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.