Publication by county governing body of schedule of expenditures and statement of proceedings
- • manner of publication
- • notice
(1) The county governing body of each county shall cause to be made out and published at the expense of the county not later than the last day of each month a schedule of those expenditures of the county which singly exceed $500 for the previous month. The schedule shall also include expenditures made to claimants who receive in excess of $500 for the previous month in return for a combination of articles or services which individually cost less than $500. The publication shall also include a concise statement of the proceedings of the governing body in the transaction of county business entered of record during the previous month.
(2) The schedule of expenditures shall state the names of all claimants, the general purpose of the article or service for which payment is claimed in each bill and the amount ordered paid. The statement of proceedings shall be a true reflection of actions taken at any public meeting of the county governing body.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the county shall not be required to publish any claim for personal services of regular county officers and employees occupying budgeted positions. Once each year the county shall publish the actual individual gross monthly salary of all regular officers and employees occupying budgeted positions. The county shall identify each budgeted position by the title of the position.
(4) The publications required under subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to any counties having a tax supervising and conservation commission.
(5) The publications required under subsection (1) of this section shall be made by posting, singly or in any combination:
(a) In the county courthouse.
(b) At public libraries in the county.
(c) On the Internet.
(6) The county shall also publish at least once each month in a newspaper of general circulation in the county, on the Internet, or both, a notice stating:
(a) That the information required to be published under this section is posted and available for review;
(b) The locations where it may be viewed; and
(c) That copies of all or part of the posted information may be obtained from the county upon request and upon payment of a fee not exceeding the actual costs incurred by the county in making copies of the posted information. [Amended by 1963 c.360 §1; 1979 c.651 §1; 1987 c.435 §1; 1991 c.285 §1; 2011 c.172 §1; 2013 c.217 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.