Definitions for ORS 293.837 to 293.847
(1) “Company” means any sole proprietorship, organization, firm, association, corporation, utility, partnership, venture, public franchise, franchisor or franchisee, or its wholly owned subsidiary, that exists for profit-making purposes or otherwise to secure economic advantage.
(2) “Fund of funds” means investment funds that function by secondary investment in a portfolio of other investments, including investment funds.
(3) “Index funds” means pooled investments that are passively managed with an intent to match or track the performance of a market index.
(4)(a) “Invest” means to commit funds or other assets to a company. “Invest” includes making a loan or other extension of credit to a company, or owning or controlling a share or interest in a company or a bond or other debt instrument issued by a company.
(b) “Investment” means the commitment of funds or other assets to a company for an interest in the company. “Investment” includes the ownership or control of a share or interest in a company or of a bond or other debt instrument issued by a company.
(5) “Iran” means the Islamic Republic of Iran.
(6) “Scrutinized company” means any company that currently has made an investment in the energy sector of Iran as described in section 202(c)(1) of the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-195), as further determined by the United States Department of State. [2012 c.72 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.