Charges for expenses of Oregon Department of Administrative Services
- • payment by state agencies
- • rules
(1) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall estimate in advance the expenses that the department will incur during a biennium in carrying out the provisions of ORS 293.226 (Use of Social Security numbers for state agency debt collection activities) and 293.252 (Duties of Oregon Department of Administrative Services relating to state agency debt collection) to 293.256 (Charges for expenses of Oregon Department of Administrative Services).
(2) The department shall charge each state agency for the agency’s share of the expenses described in subsection (1) of this section for the biennium. The department shall determine the rate to be charged state agencies.
(3) Each state agency shall pay to the credit of the department the charge described in this section as an administrative expense from funds or appropriations available to the state agency in the same manner as other claims against the state agency are paid.
(4) All moneys received by the department under this section shall be credited to the Delinquent Accounts Administration Fund established under ORS 293.258 (Delinquent Accounts Administration Fund).
(5) The department shall adopt rules specifying the methods for calculating and collecting the rates and charges described in this section.
(6) As used in this section:
(a) “State agency” means any state officer, board, commission, corporation, institution, department or other state organization.
(b) “State agency” does not include all state courts and all commissions, departments and divisions in the judicial branch of state government, the Secretary of State and the State Treasurer. [2015 c.766 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.