Requirement that state agency make reasonable efforts to collect debts owed to agency
- • use of Social Security numbers
- • setoff
- • rules
(1) Subject to ORS 293.250 (Collections Unit), a state agency shall make all reasonable efforts to collect liquidated and delinquent accounts owing to the state agency, including the use of Social Security numbers made available by state agencies pursuant to ORS 293.226 (Use of Social Security numbers for state agency debt collection activities), and the setoff of any refunds or sums due to the debtor from the state agency, the Department of Revenue or from any other state agency.
(2) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall adopt rules establishing procedures for the setoff of amounts between state agencies under this section. Prior to adopting rules under this subsection, the Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall consult with the Chief Justice regarding the application of the rules to state courts and all commissions, departments and divisions in the judicial branch of state government.
(3) Rules adopted under subsection (2) of this section do not apply to the Secretary of State or the State Treasurer.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, as used in this section, “state agency” means any state officer, board, commission, corporation, institution, department or other state organization. [2015 c.766 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.