ORS 292.286¹
Approval of advance by agency head
  • payment
  • rules

(1) Any officer or employee of a state agency who desires a cash advance for the expenses of travel and subsistence arising out of official duties or employment shall file a written request for the approval of such advance with the administrative head of the state agency by which the officer or employee is employed.

(2) The administrative head of the state agency by which the officer or employee requesting the advance is employed shall forward a copy of the written approval to the official authorized to disburse funds of such agency. The advance shall be paid from funds available to the agency for the payment of claims.

(3) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall make rules setting forth procedures for request and disbursal of travel advances provided in ORS 292.286 (Approval of advance by agency head) and 292.288 (State claim on advances). [1955 c.765 §3; 1971 c.244 §3; 1973 c.158 §2; 1993 c.18 §57; 2005 c.22 §216]

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 292—Salaries and Expenses of State Officers and Employees, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­ors292.­html (2019) (last ac­cessed May 16, 2020).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information