Deduction for payment to labor organization
(1) Upon receipt of the request in writing of a state officer or employee so to do, the state official authorized to disburse funds in payment of the salary or wages of such state officer or employee each month shall deduct from the salary or wages of such officer or employee the amount of money indicated in such request, for payment thereof to a labor organization as the same is defined in ORS 243.650 (Definitions for ORS 243.650 to 243.782).
(2) Such state official each month shall pay such amount so deducted to any such labor organization so designated to receive it.
(3) Unless there is a contract to the contrary, upon receipt of the request in writing of such officer or employee so to do, such state official shall cease making such deductions and payments.
(4) In addition to making such deductions and payments to any labor organization certified under the rules of the Employment Relations Board as representatives of employees in a bargaining unit, any department, board, commission, bureau, institution or other agency of the state shall make deductions for and payments to noncertified, yet bona fide, labor organizations, if requested to do so by officers and employees in that department, board, commission, bureau, institution, or other state agency, and for so long as the requests are not revoked. No deductions for and payments to any labor organization under this section shall be deemed an unfair labor practice under ORS 243.672 (Unfair labor practices).
(5) Upon receipt from the Oregon Department of Administrative Services of a copy of a valid fair-share agreement in a collective bargaining unit, the state official authorized to disburse funds in payment of the salary or wages of the employees in such unit each month shall deduct from the salary or wages of the employees covered by the agreement the in-lieu-of-dues payment stated in the agreement and pay such amount to the labor organization party the agreement in the same manner as deducted dues are paid to a labor organization. Such deduction and payment shall continue for the life of the agreement. [1959 c.316 §1; 1969 c.414 §1; 1971 c.510 §1; 1973 c.536 §31; 1975 c.347 §1; 1995 c.286 §28]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.