Salary plan review by legislative review agency
- • approval for position reallocation
- • biennial reports by certain agencies
- • transfer of vacant position authority
(1) As used in this section, legislative review agency means the Joint Committee on Ways and Means during the period when the Legislative Assembly is in session and the Emergency Board or the Joint Interim Committee on Ways and Means during the interim period between sessions.
(2) Prior to making any changes in a salary plan, the Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall submit the proposed changes, including step pay increases, to the legislative review agency.
(3)(a) The Oregon Department of Administrative Services may approve the reallocation of positions or the establishment of new positions not specifically provided for in the budget of the affected agency if it finds that the proposed change:
(A) Can be financed by the agency within the limits of its biennial budget and legislatively approved program;
(B) Will not produce future budgetary increases; and
(C) Conforms to legislatively approved salary policies.
(b) Proposed changes not meeting the requirements of paragraph (a) of this subsection shall be presented to the legislative review agency.
(4) Agencies within the Department of Human Services, the Oregon Health Authority and the Department of Corrections shall report on a biennial basis to the legislative review agency. Each report shall include the number of vacant budgeted positions, including all job categories and classifications, within the agency. The legislative review agency shall order the reporting agency to show cause why the budgeted positions have not been filled and shall assess fully the impact the vacancies have on:
(a) The agencys delivery of services, accounting for any seasonal fluctuation in the need for those services;
(b) The agencys budget due to increased use of overtime;
(c) The agencys use of temporary employees; and
(d) Employee workload.
(5) It is declared to be the policy of this state that the total personal services, budget and full-time equivalent positions approved for any state agency shall be the maximum amount necessary to meet the requirements of the agency for the biennium. Notwithstanding ORS 291.232 (Declaration of policy) to 291.260 (Approving, modifying or disapproving requests and budgets to be submitted to the federal government), the Governor and the Oregon Department of Administrative Services may transfer vacant position authority among and within state agencies to achieve maximum utilization of authorized positions within agencies. [1973 c.49 §1; 1985 c.713 §1; 1989 c.960 §1; 1993 c.724 §13; 1995 c.452 §16; 2009 c.595 §202; 2010 c.107 §1; 2012 c.107 §103; 2014 c.107 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.