Meetings of board
- • terms of members
- • filling vacancies on board
(1) The Emergency Board shall meet immediately upon adjournment sine die of each odd-numbered year regular session of the Legislative Assembly and elect a chairperson from their number. The board shall meet thereafter at such times as it may determine, except that the activities of the board are suspended during the period beginning at the convening of an even-numbered year regular session of the Legislative Assembly and ending at the adjournment of that session.
(2) The board may not transact business unless a quorum is present. A quorum consists of a majority of board members from the House of Representatives and a majority of board members from the Senate.
(3) Action by the board requires the affirmative vote of a majority of board members from the House of Representatives and a majority of board members from the Senate.
(4) The term of members of the board shall run from the adjournment of one odd-numbered year regular session to the convening of the next odd-numbered year regular session.
(5) If a vacancy occurs in the board, either the Speaker, if the legislator previously filling the position was a member of the House, or the President, if the legislator previously filling the position was a member of the Senate, shall fill such vacancy by an appointment for the unexpired term. However, such appointment, before becoming effective, shall be confirmed by the remaining members of the board, sitting as such board. [1953 c.386 §6; 2007 c.695 §2; 2011 c.545 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.