Authority of State Treasurer to issue Article XI-F(1) bonds
(1) In accordance with the applicable provisions of this chapter, the State Treasurer, with the concurrence of the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, may issue Article XI-F(1) bonds for the benefit of a public university if:
(a) The Director of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services requests that bonds be issued for the purposes specified in Article XI-F(1) of the Oregon Constitution, plus an amount determined by the State Treasurer to pay estimated bond-related costs;
(b) The issuance does not exceed the budget authorization for bond issuance established under ORS 286A.035 (Bond budget authorization); and
(c) A loan agreement is executed under ORS 286A.836 (Loan agreements for Article XI-F(1) bonds) prior to sale of the bonds.
(2) The State Treasurer may issue Article XI-F(1) bonds for the purpose of refunding Article XI-F(1) bonds, with the concurrence of a public university that received proceeds of Article XI-F(1) bonds to be refunded.
(3) The State Treasurer shall deposit the net proceeds of Article XI-F(1) bonds in one or more project funds established in the State Treasury or with a third party under contract with the Oregon Department of Administrative Services and approved by the State Treasurer. Net proceeds of Article XI-F(1) bonds must be expended for the purposes described in the commission’s budget authorization.
(4) If at any time the department and the commission jointly determine that the net proceeds of Article XI-F(1) bonds deposited in a project fund pursuant to subsection (3) of this section exceed the cost of the project described in the commission’s budget authorization, the department may allocate and transfer the excess amount as determined by the department to other project funds, the Article XI-F(1) Bond Fund established under ORS 286A.839 (Article XI-F(1) Bond Fund) or the Article XI-F(1) Bond Administration Fund established under ORS 286A.842 (Article XI-F(1) Bond Administration Fund). Before transferring an excess amount under this subsection, the department shall consult with the public university for whose benefit the Article XI-F(1) bonds were issued, but the department may transfer an excess amount without the approval of the public university. Excess amounts may not be transferred to a project fund for the project of another public university unless the applicable loan agreements and loan repayment schedules are amended to reflect the transfer.
(5) Article XI-F(1) bonds are direct general obligations of the State of Oregon and must contain a direct promise on behalf of the State of Oregon to pay the principal of, the interest on and the premium, if any, on the Article XI-F(1) bonds. The State of Oregon shall pledge its full faith and credit and taxing power to the payment of the principal of, the interest on and the premium, if any, on Article XI-F(1) bonds, and the ad valorem taxing power of the State of Oregon may be pledged to pay Article XI-F(1) bonds. [2015 c.828 §3; 2017 c.570 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.