Application for preliminary certification
- • eligibility
- • contents
- • fees
- • rules
(1) Prior to erection, construction, installation or acquisition of a proposed renewable energy resource equipment manufacturing facility, any person may apply to the Oregon Business Development Department for preliminary certification under ORS 285C.551 (Submission of plans, specifications and contract terms) if:
(a) The facility complies with the standards or rules adopted by the Director of the Oregon Business Development Department; and
(b) The applicant meets one of the following criteria:
(A) The applicant is a person to whom a tax credit for the facility has been transferred; or
(B) The applicant will be the owner, contract purchaser or lessee of the facility at the time of erection, construction, installation or acquisition of the proposed facility, and:
(i) The applicant is the owner, contract purchaser or lessee of a trade or business that plans to utilize the facility in connection with Oregon property; or
(ii) The applicant is the owner, contract purchaser or lessee of a trade or business that plans to lease the facility to a person that will utilize the facility in connection with Oregon property.
(2) An application for preliminary certification shall be made in writing on a form prepared by the department and shall contain:
(a) A statement that the applicant or the lessee of the applicant’s facility plans to acquire, construct or install a facility.
(b) A detailed description of the proposed facility and its operation and information showing that the facility will operate as represented in the application and remain in operation for at least five years, unless the director by rule specifies a shorter period of operation.
(c) The projected cost of the facility.
(d) Information on the number and type of jobs that will be created, the number of jobs sustained throughout the construction, installation and operation of the facility and the benefits of the facility with regard to overall economic activity in this state.
(e) Information demonstrating that the proposed facility will comply with applicable state and local laws and regulations and obtain required licenses and permits.
(f) Information relating to the criteria described in ORS 469B.136 (Priority given to certain projects).
(g) Any other information the director considers necessary to determine whether the proposed facility is in accordance with the provisions of ORS 285C.540 (Definitions for ORS 285C.540 to 285C.559) to 285C.559 (Revocation of certificate), and any applicable rules or standards adopted by the director.
(3) An application for preliminary certification shall be accompanied by a fee established under ORS 285C.555 (Rules). The director may refund all or a portion of the fee if the application for certification is rejected.
(4) The director may allow an applicant to file the preliminary application after the start of erection, construction, installation or acquisition of the facility if the director finds:
(a) Filing the application before the start of erection, construction, installation or acquisition is inappropriate because special circumstances render filing earlier unreasonable; and
(b) The facility would otherwise qualify for tax credit certification pursuant to ORS 285C.540 (Definitions for ORS 285C.540 to 285C.559) to 285C.559 (Revocation of certificate).
(5) A preliminary certification shall remain valid for a period of five calendar years after the date the preliminary certification is issued by the director. [2011 c.474 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.