Property tax exemption
- • requirements
- • duration
(1) A facility of a certified business firm is exempt from ad valorem property taxation:
(a) For the first tax year following the calendar year in which the business firm is certified under ORS 285C.403 (Certification of business firm) or after which construction or reconstruction of the facility commences, whichever event occurs later;
(b) For each subsequent tax year in which the facility is not yet in service as of the assessment date; and
(c) For a period of at least seven consecutive tax years but not more than 15 consecutive tax years, as provided in the written agreement between the business firm and the rural enterprise zone sponsor under ORS 285C.403 (Certification of business firm) (3)(c), if the facility satisfies the requirements of ORS 285C.412 (Conditions for continued exemption). The period described in this paragraph shall commence as of the first tax year in which the facility is in service as of the assessment date.
(2) An exemption under this section may not be allowed for real or personal property that has received a property tax exemption under ORS 285C.170 (Construction-in-process exemption) or 285C.175 (Enterprise zone exemption).
(3) For each tax year that the facility is exempt from taxation under this section, the county assessor shall:
(a) Enter on the assessment and tax roll, as a notation, the real market value and assessed value of the facility.
(b) Enter on the assessment and tax roll, as a notation, the amount of tax that would be due if the facility were not exempt.
(c) Indicate on the assessment and tax roll that the property is exempt and is subject to potential additional taxes as provided in ORS 285C.420 (Disqualification) by adding the notation enterprise zone exemption (potential additional tax).
(4) The amount determined under subsection (3)(b) of this section and the name of the business firm shall be reported to the Department of Revenue on or before December 31 of each tax year so that the department may compute the distributions described in ORS 317.131 (Distribution of funds to local governments).
(5) The following property may not be exempt from property taxation under this section:
(b) Any property that existed at the facility on an assessment date before the assessment date for the first tax year for which property of the firm is exempt under this section. [Formerly 285B.786; 2005 c.94 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.