Definitions for ORS 285C.300 to 285C.320
(1) “Eligible business” means a business that:
(a) Is engaged within a reservation enterprise zone or a reservation partnership zone in the manufacture or provision of goods, products or services to other businesses or to the general public, through activities including, but not limited to, manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, processing, shipping, storage, retail sales or services, child care, housing, retail food service, health care, tourism, entertainment, financial services, professional services, energy development, construction or similar activities; and
(b) Occupies or owns a new business facility within a reservation enterprise zone or a reservation partnership zone.
(2) “New business facility”:
(a) Means a physical asset within a reservation enterprise zone or a reservation partnership zone that satisfies the following requirements:
(A) The facility is used by a business in the operation of a revenue-producing enterprise, except that the revenue-producing enterprise must consist of activity other than leasing the facility to another person; and
(B) The facility is acquired by or leased to a business on or after January 1, 2002, including a facility, the title or possession of which is transferred to the business on or after January 1, 2002, or a facility, the construction, erection or installation of which is completed on or after January 1, 2002;
(b) Subject to paragraph (c) of this subsection, includes a facility acquired or leased from a person that used the facility in a revenue-producing enterprise within the boundaries of the same Indian reservation immediately prior to the transfer of title or possession of the facility to the business; and
(c) Does not include:
(A) A facility that is used in a revenue-producing enterprise that is the same or substantially identical to the revenue-producing enterprise in which the facility was previously used within the boundaries of the same Indian reservation; or
(B) Any property that merely replaces existing property and that does not expand the capacity of the revenue-producing enterprise in which the facility is to be used.
(3) “Reservation enterprise zone” means an enterprise zone designated under ORS 285C.306 (Reservation enterprise zones and reservation partnership zones).
(4) “Reservation partnership zone” means an enterprise zone cosponsored under ORS 285C.306 (Reservation enterprise zones and reservation partnership zones).
(5) “Tribal government” means the governing body of an Indian tribe, if the governing body has the authority to levy, impose and collect taxes within the boundaries of the reservation of the tribe.
(6) “Tribal tax” means any specific tax that is or may be levied or imposed by a tribal government upon a business and that is measured with reference to a specific level or quantity of that business’s income, operations, use or ownership of property. “Tribal tax” includes, but is not limited to, an income or excise tax, an ad valorem property tax, a gross receipts tax or a sales and use tax. [Formerly 285B.766; 2010 c.76 §23]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.