Federal enterprise zones
(1) The Oregon Business Development Department shall be the lead agency for state participation in a federal enterprise zone program. The Director of the Oregon Business Development Department may take action necessary for such participation to the extent allowed by state law.
(2) Any area designated as a federal enterprise zone by an agency of the federal government may be designated as a state enterprise zone by the director at the request of a city, county or port within whose jurisdiction some or all of the federal enterprise zone is located, without regard to any limitation contained in ORS 285C.090 (Requirements for area to be designated zone).
(3) The boundary of an existing state enterprise zone may be amended by the director at the request of the sponsor to include the entire area of a federal enterprise zone without regard to ORS 285C.115 (Change of zone boundaries) (2). A change in the boundary of an existing state enterprise zone under this subsection does not change the termination date of the enterprise zone under ORS 285C.245 (Termination) (2).
(4) A request by a city, county or port under subsection (2) or (3) of this section shall be in such form and include such information as required by the department, but the request must:
(a) Include a resolution adopted by the governing body of the city, county or port; and
(b) Provide that all areas within both the federal enterprise zone and the city, county or port are included in a state enterprise zone.
(5) The termination under federal law of a federal enterprise zone does not affect the existence or dimensions of a state enterprise zone, except when, as determined by the director, the termination is for nonperformance or for violations of federal guidelines. [Formerly 285B.677; 2005 c.704 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.